Mulch: Newcastle Pick-Up & Delivery
Handy hints for buying mulch in Newcastle
- If you’re unsure which mulch is best for you, remember medium-textured mulches like hardwood chip works in most areas. For garden beds, however, a finer mulch like landscape garden mulch is recommended.
- An underlying layer of landscaping fabric will help deter weeds (if you do not plan to dig in the area in the near future). A 100mm layer of mulch can also achieve this.
- The more you buy, the less you pay: we offer discounts on bulk garden mulch!
- To determine how much mulch you may require, use our project volume calculator.
- You can have your mulch delivered (6 days a week) or collect it from one of our Newcastle locations.
- Due to the colour and consistency of mulch being naturally formed, we cannot guarantee the colour will be the same as the picture, sample or previously supplied product.
Why use landscape mulch for your project
Landscape mulch is primarily used for providing a uniform or decorative look in the garden, for soil improvement, and for enhancing plant growth and protection. It is naturally designed to prevent the loss of moisture due to evaporation while helping to keep the soil insulated at a balanced temperature. This improves the conditions for plants root bulbs to grow.
Essentially, mulch acts as a blanket for your garden, keeping it cool and moist in all kinds of weather.
Mulch has a wide range of benefits incredible for gardens:
- It prevents crusting of the soil surface
- It improves soil absorption
- It can assist in reducing erosion
- It can reduce your need for water by 70%
- It reduces weeds that can compete for water, light and space (when applied deep enough — at least 100mm)
- It reduces weed-seed germination and makes it easier to pull out weeds
- It slows down rain run-off
- It insulates your soil and adds nutrients.
Organic mulches naturally break down and improve the structure of soil with the healthy microbial activity required to feed vital nutrients to soil and plants alike.
Almost all plant life can benefit from the regular application of mulch — which is why we manufacture and supply organic mulch throughout Newcastle and the Hunter Region.
Oz Landscape Supplies manufactures the mulch Newcastle landscapers and DIY gardeners can count on
Oz Landscape Supplies has been operating in the Hunter Region for more than 25 years.
Our range of mulch includes:
- Certified soft fall 3-8mm playground mulch
- Cypress chip
- Hardwood chip
- Landscape garden mulch
- Leaf mulch
- Native forest mulch
- Native garden mulch
- Pine bark 20mm
- Premium forest fines mulch
- Premium garden mulch
- Red woodchip
- Standard forest mulch
Our landscaping experts are always ready and willing to help you choose the best mulch for your needs. Each and every mulch has its own benefits and unique application, so we are on hand to help get the best performance out of your gardening efforts.
Simply get in touch via (02) 4959 4999 to have a chat with our knowledgeable team, or come and visit us in Toronto, Cameron Park or Bennetts Green.
We’re committed to supplying the mulch Newcastle and Hunter residents can rely on.
FAQs about our bulk garden mulch
Get in touch for an obligation-free quote or to order landscape mulch today
Complete your landscaping project with the finest mulch Newcastle has to offer. Contact the team from Oz Landscape Supplies online or over the phone to discuss your project needs and get an obligation-free quote on sustainable landscape mulch today.
We offer delivery throughout New South Wales for an affordable price, or we offer flexible and convenient mulch pick-up from our locations in Toronto, Cameron Park and Bennetts Green.
Wherever and whenever you need high-quality organic mulch, Oz Landscape Supplies has got you covered.